The Foreign Languages Library
The Foreign Languages Library in The Zygmunt Jan Rumel Public Library
in the Praga Południe District of the capital city of Warsaw
5 Meissnera street
03-982 Warsaw, Poland
Phone: /22/ 613 62 73
Ext. 112 (Films & Music)
Ext. 114 (Fiction, Non-Fiction, Audiobooks)
Ext. 115 (Didactic Section)
Manager: Iwona Wądołowska
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
The Foreign Languages Library has a collection of books in 8 different languages:
- Fiction and non-fiction books (travel literature, history books, biographies)
- Didactic materials for teachers and students (textbooks, materials for KET, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE, IELTS, BEC, DELF, DELE etc.)
- A rich collection of children’s books
- Audiobooks in English, German, Russian, French, Spanish and Italian
- Films in English, German and Russian
- Language classes: English, Polish for Foreigners, Russian (free of charge)
- Library lessons in the form of escape rooms
The Foreign Languages Library has the largest publicly available collection of didactic materials for teachers of English (including collections donated in 2008 by the British Council) and German (collections transferred to us in 2010 by the Swiss Media Library and the Embassy of Switzerland).